Thursday, June 26, 2008

Update on Our Simple Lives

It has been crazy around here so I have not blogged in a while so let me give you some updates....

Katie Faith's " Stinky Pig" Party:

Katie Faith chose to have a "Stinky Pig" party. She insisted it be "stinky" instead of just a "pig" party. We chose to keep it smaller with kids ages 5 and under.

Thanks to William and Taryn, our good friends, we had real pigs. A lady from LSU Swine Dept. brought two 5 wk. old pigs. AJ set up our pool and placed hay in it for them. The lady spoke on how they care for them, what they eat, how they live, and much more. She was very informative.

The pigs...were STINKY!!! The first thing they did when they got in the pool was...let's just say...released themselves of what the intestines did not absorb. They were covered in poop! Gross! The kids enjoyed it though.

They played "Pin The Tail on Porky The Pig" and then had fun painting their very own ceramic piggy bank pigs. I think the kids enjoyed this activity the most.

We then put candles on Katie Faith's watermelon pig carved by my most talented husband, AJ (It turned out really cute), sang to our girl and let her blow them out. The kids enjoyed their watermelon and cupcakes while I read a book about a farmer and his pet pig.

Presents came next which is always chaotic but fun. Katie Faith is enjoying all of them.

All in all it was a fun time for the kids and after this party......I will NEVER ask Katie Faith why she always says "stinky pig" again, for I now know there is much truth to those innocent words of hers! :)

Elijah's First Haircut:

Elijah's hair was getting out of control. It was beginning to get to long and people would stop me at the store asking about my "little girl". Though hard to see it go, I knew it was time.

We placed him in a basket, and AJ went for it. It was a hard task as Elijah was constantly moving his head, I was trying to keep him entertained with noises, paper, toys, anything I could to keep him looking at me and his head still....which did not happen much. AJ was having a hard time but persevered through it. After many attempts with the scissors he brought the electric razor, which made things worse as Elijah wanted to see what was going on "back there in the back" of his head. So, back to the scissors. AJ accidently snipped him behind the ear, Elijah cried for a few minutes but quickly got over it.

After AJ was done, Elijah looked about 6 months older instantly ( he will never cut my hair!). He looks like a "little boy" now and much cuter. AJ did a fine job!

Only one sad thing about the haircut though...each morning when I would go into his room to get him up I would be greeted with a "sleepy eyed, crazy hair sticking out every direction child". It would always make me laugh to see his hair all over the place like he had been wrestling with his blanket! No more.I still enjoy going in their each morning but I do miss the crazy hairdo's!

We have been busy with VBS at our church, a friend's church, going to the zoo, library trips, and more but I don't have the time to update now because...


I HAVE PACKING TO DO!!! You see, AJ is taking me on an overnight date tomorrow night for anniversary which is July 5th. It will be 11 wonderful years! We are going to New Orleans. I have no idea what we are doing as he has it planned out. All I know is dress casually tomorrow afternoon and dress up for the evening. He did say to bring my swimsuit for, Lord-willing, we will be swimming in the pool overlooking the sunset. Sound nice!

My evening attire is already picked as it is my anniversary present from AJ. A beautiful, modest, simple but elegant dress. I tried it on last night to make sure it fits but told my anxious husband he must wait until Friday night to see me in it!!!

I am off to pack now...can't wait until tomorrow!!!

No comments: