Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sunday Hymn

"Take My Life, and Let It Be"
by Frances R. Havergal,1874

Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee,
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.

Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.

Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.

I could not find a song to match perfectly, but this a pretty version.
(make sure you press "stop"on playlist before playing)



2 comments:

Camille said...

I *love* this hymn! It was sung at our wedding by my Sister and one of the Bridesmaids. Aren't the old hymns just so rich? :)

Many blessings to you Christine!
In His Love,
Camille

The Adventures of a Simple Life said...

Yes, Camille, I love the old hymns. Their words have so much deep meaning to them.

I actually had not heard it until a couple of weeks ago. Glad I did.

I am sure you had a beautiful wedding! You will have to post pictures one day and perhaps a video of them singing? ;)