Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!!!

I want to give honor to those who have and currently serve our country for our freedom!

My grandfather...Bob Smith...August 21,1935-March 22,2009
Served in the Korean War.


My father...Charles
Served in the Army.

AJ's grandfather, Joe Zachery, served as a "Frog-man" (predecessor to the SEALs) in the Navy during World War 2.
My Uncle Harley, served in the ARMY in Vietnam.
To William, Chad, Perry, John ( Cinnamon's husband), Lori, and to all the other brave men and women who have served in this nation's military, thank you.

I would like to acknowledge the wives and families of those who have loved ones that currently serve and have served. I thank you for your sacrifice of time and heartache of being without your loved ones while they serve and fight for our freedom. You are truly heroes to me.

As we celebrate with friends and family today, grilling, watching movies, shopping, I ask all of you to pray for a dear wife and mother in Georgia. She lost her husband in Iraq 2 1/2 weeks ago. Please pray comfort and peace in this difficult time.

Thank You All for your service.

We thank God for the freedoms He has given us, many times at the expense of this countries greatest.

We salute you this Memorial Day!


1 comment:

Cinnamon said...

What a sweet memorial~ Thank you for your prayers~

~Cinnamon

p.s. does your friend have a blog? I have been praying for her.