Tuesday, April 6, 2010





This past March we had two specials birthdays in our family. I will tell of the first one today.

First was a child who was not supposed to have been born...according to my dr. After my 3rd child, and 3rd c-section, my dr. at the time told me due to physical signs she had seen I was to have no more children. She told me if I get pregnant again I would probably die. After much prayer and finding out some "things" about this dr. that were unethical, my husband and I went for a 2nd opinion for our hearts were heavy in feeling our family was not complete. We went to a Christian dr. who likes large families and was recommended by my friend, Laura . After a review of my records, he said he thought there was no reason I should not be able to have more.

Two months later I was pregnant after a miscarriage.

On March 1st, 2207 I delivered Elijah John. ....Elijah.... great man in the Bible meaning "My God is Lord" and John, named after a great preacher and ancestor of mine, Jonathon Edwards.

( unfortunately somehow all pictures of him before 8 months have been deleted or lost from our computer...if any of you have some, please e-mail these precious memories to me)

Elijah was a good baby full of smiles. He was my first to be attached to me so much he would only leave me to go with daddy sometimes and Miss Cole from church. People would roll there eyes, some make comments "he is a momma's boy" in a tone like there was something wrong with him or me for Elijah wanting to be with me. I was embarrassed he would not leave me and go to others freely. I would, at times, force him, in hopes he would get used to others so he would not be "disliked" for not being friendly.

Until one day, I asked myself, "why do I care so much?" It was pride. I did not want others to think ill of him...or me. And the thought crossed my mind," if something happened today to Elijah and he died, I would regret not holding my baby and forcing him to go to others." From that day on, I did not care if people liked it or not he was a "momma's boy".

Elijah- 8 months:


9 months- with Daddy, sucking his 2 middle fingers ( a habit since 3 mths old):

Elijah was a late walker. He did not begin walking until he was almost 20 months old.

Here he is pushing his biggest sister, Kaylyn, in the stroller at the zoo.
Already in training to be a gentleman:

2 years old:


This past year, Elijah's personality has blossomed! His best friend is still my leg :) but he now runs off and plays. He has taken on many new words....that mommy can understand but others need an interpreter most of the time still.

Favorite color is blue.
He loves his "teekles" ( motorcycles), especially blue ones.

This is Elijah's first time sitting on a motorcycle. It is his Great Uncle Walt's "teekle":



First toy "teekle". He got it for
Christmas from daddy and mommy:

He loves football.He was given his first real football by his friend, Nicholas, when we visited Baton Rouge a couple of months ago. Elijah always has this with him, even to sleep and eat:

In case you are wondering, he is also a Florida Gators fan...just like his mommy!!!

Elijah loves to swing and Miss "Cole" is still his special friend he has had since birth:

Add Image

Elijah Bear ( Daddy's nickname for him) is quite a character... likes to make us laugh...
tends to be a perfectionist, getting very upset when things mess up not to his liking...

loves to dip fish sticks in chocolate pudding...
and comes quietly in our room at night to sleep on the floor by our bed.

He may be the Big 3 now...

but he still let's us hold him like a newborn...

and he still sucks those two middle fingers.

You are a true blessing, my "Stink pot", I love you and pray for you daily that you will continue to grow, healthy and happy, but more importantly, I pray you will be a man of God. I will always treasure our moments of you in my arms the first two years of your life. And when you are a man, married, with your own children, you will still be welcomed to throw yourself on my lap and I will hug you, kiss you, and love you, just as much as when I first laid my eyes on you, back on March 1, 2007.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Elijah!!!

Jenn said...

What a sweet post!! Happy Birthday Elijah!

Mrs. Pat said...

May God bless you richly, our sweet Elijah. I pray you will grow up to be a great man of God.

Laura said...

He is precious, and a "true" gift from the Lord!!!

Hope Elijah's birthday was wonderful!!!

Cinnamon said...

What a sweet blessing to your son. Our grand-dtr was born on March 1st. Must be a special day ;-)

~Cinnamon