Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Assignment For YOU!!!

It has been awhile since I blogged. I have a lot that has been going on. My grandmother for a month visited, a big garage sale that was a lot of work but a success, and more.

With much going on that I can't speak about just yet, I have had a few rough weeks. Lots of tears and sleepless nights and my mind constantly moving and thinking. Though I know God is control and I have a peace only from our Lord, my heart still is hurting and I feel like crying a lot of times.

Today has been especially rough for me and I need some cheering up. Can you help me?

I would like for YOU to tell me something funny to make me smile. An embarrassing moment, something a kid said to you, your favorite joke, whatever you can think of!

Did you drop your underwear stuck in your sweater in front of an officer?

Did you keep singing when everyone stopped and everyone heard how you were out of tune?


Make me smile, My Friends!

6 comments:

Amy said...

There is always something to talk about at the Shelbys!!! Today I took Tate back up to the eye doctor's office to try on the frames that they ordered for us so we could see if we were going to like them before we bought them (still have to wait 7-10 days to get them). While we were sitting with the lady as Tate is trying on his glasses, Tate says, "Momnmy you are so cute with a baby in your belly!!!" I thought that was sweet and the lady laughed and said it won't be much longer huh buddy:)

This not the best one from our family but I thought it might make you smile!

Anonymous said...

Recently during lunch Rachel told her mom, "Mommy, stop eating the Cheetos. You're wasting them."

Elijah, speaking to an adult who had dared to inform him that he was disobeying his mother by playing in the ditch said, "If you don't stop saying that I am going to banish you."

After lunch recently, Taryn told Rachel not to touch her clothes because her hands were very dirty after eating the Oreos. Rachel's response, "But mommy, my butt is eating my panties."

Hope this makes you smile.
William

The Adventures of a Simple Life said...

Melt your heart, Amy! That is to sweet! I never got that from one of my kids! :)

Thanks for the story!
Christine
P.S. Can't wait to see Tate in his new glasses!

The Adventures of a Simple Life said...

Willlllllliam! That last one was to funny! I will have to remember that one! :) And Taryn...how dare you waste my Rachel's Cheetos like that! Go buy her another bag from me!!!

Christine

Kristy said...

Alright Christine, I am not a "funny" person - typically, so this one is hard for me. When I was potty training Joshua, he pooped in his underwear one day. Well, I took him in my bathroom, pulled off the yucky underwear and set them in the toilet (because I didn't know what to do with them) while I was putting him in the bathtub. Well, I forget that I put them in there, and go to flush the toilet - flushing his Thomas underwear down! I was so sorry as soon as I could, because I had to try to reach for them - yuck! That didn't work. Then our toilet didn't work! My husband had to get one of those "snake" things to try to retrieve them. That didn't work either, but he did manage to put some ugly scratches in the bowl from trying!
To this day, Joshua will look at those scratches and say, "What did Daddy do to the potty? He scratched it all up!"

Anonymous said...

Mrs. America,
No funny stories to tell but I am praying that God will grant you peace and the comfort that can only come from Him. Love, Mrs. Universe